Saturday, August 17, 2013

Class of .........

1993! 
My hometown's Class Reunion is tonight and I felt honored to be able to make cupcakes for it! 
=)
I'm pretty excited cuz I'm alumni too!
Tho I'm Class of 2006. Lol
6am came waaay too quickly this morning ... 
So quick that when I started to bake I ended up accidentally knocking over my whole box of cocoa powder!
Major failure!
=(
So I had to go to the store for more. 
Ugh.
Not what I wanted to be doing!
Baking didn't really start til about 7am.
Which was still ok as long as nothing else went wrong.
And it didn't!
Thank god! 
Lol
50 Chocolate
&
50 Red Velvet
Sounds easy enough.
And it was after I got in the groove of things. 
=)
Before I even started baking ...
I had some prep work a couple days ago. 
I had to cut out fondant 93s for the tops of each cupcake. 
There was a little over one hundred 3s and a little over one hundred 9s too ...
All I gotta say is ... OW!
My fingers were killing me after cutting out all 200+ of these tiny bad boys!
I'm talking sore for 2-3 days.
Lol
Anyways ... 
Back to cupcakes!
They came out beautifully!! 
See! 
=)
Pre-fondant ...
And here's the final presentation!
Love them!
They turned out better than I was expecting. 
I just hope these beauties don't melt.
It's 100* degrees outside here today! 
Eek!
Well I think I'm out for now. 
Gonna try and cool off. 
Congrats Class of 1993!
And I hope you enjoy your night!
Laters peeps!
=P

1 comment:

  1. Very cool to get to do!
    They look fabulous and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete