Tuesday, October 4, 2011

did someone say ... COOKIES?!

you know how people say that they were an animal in a past life??
like a tiger ...
or an eagle ...
well ... i don't believe that i was an animal in my past life ... i do believe that this is what i was in my past life ... and quite possible in this life as well ... hahaha!! COOKIE MONSTER!!!
i LOVE cookies! especially nice ... chewy ... gooey ... homemade chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven =) the kind that the center is still a little bit cookie-doughy ... mmmmmm ... my mouth is watering as i type!!
i wasn't always the baker in my family ... my mom started off as the Official Cookie Maker ... then when my older sister got old enough ... she became the OCM ... then just a couple years later i was old enough to make the cookies myself and my baking career began =) and it didn't stop there ... obviously! haha!!
as i was writing my first post last night i was crrraaaaving cookies! but it was already really late and i had to get up early for work this morning. and all day at work today i couldn't help but want cookies really bad! so ... as you all could guess ... the first thing i did when i got home from work was make cookies ... =)
here's the beginning ... lol ... and then just a few minutes later and with a couple of these .......
ok ... maybe more like the WHOLE BAG ... haha ... you get this ...
and from here i could eat the entire bowl ... have a couple bites ... cuz you know you just have to TRY it to make sure everything tastes right before you bake them. helloo?? or is that only me?! hahaha!! =)
back to baking ... haha ... did i mention before that i LOVE my Pampered Chef Stoneware Pan?? if i didn't ... well i LOVE it! haha ... along with my set of Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls! aahh! Love at first sight =) haha!
sorry ... i get side tracked easily ... SQUIRREL! lmao! sorry ... i had to ... =)
yuumm ... hehe =) on another note ... as i type and as the cookies bake ... a friend of mine is trying to set up her webcam so that we can video chat ... aannnd yea ... totally not working ... not to mention i hate being able to see myself on the little screen at the bottom! lmao!! but oh well ... it's a cheaper way to talk than to use up minutes on my phone and hers. haha!!
well the first couple cookies came out of the oven kinda flat ... =( i didn't leave them in the fridge long enough ...
hey ... they still taste good ... but i like my cookies puffy!! lol ... lets try this again ... fingers crossed that they come out the RIGHT WAY!! that or i just wasn't meant to bake today ... i have days like that quite frequently ... where things just go completely WRONG! i just tell myself that today is not my day ... and i'll have to try again next time ... hahaha! and yes ... as you can see ... i talk to my self. A LOT! ha! =) people tell me that it's ok as long as i don't answer myself ... but sadly ... i answer myself too! haha! oh geez ... that reminds me of something .................
bwahahahahaha! i couldn't help myself! i need to post this up somewhere visible at work ... lol. =)
ok ok ... enough of this sidetracked business ... the cookies FINALLY came out the RIGHT way!!
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! =)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (personally ... i add more vanilla to my cookies ... i LOVE vanilla!!) haha
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 package chocolate chips


1. Combine softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Add eggs one at a time ... mixing between each egg.
2. In a small bowl ... combine flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture.
4. Mix in chocolate chips
MOST IMPORTANT PART!!!
5. REFRIGERATE FOR 1 HOUR (this make the cookies nice and puffy ... unlike my epic failure pictured above!) haha ...
6. Preheat oven to 375 F
7. Drop tablespoon size globs of cookie dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes depending on the pan you're using.
8. ENJOY!! =)
and with that ... I'M OUT! Tonight's movie is Hercules! =) yea yea ... i'm 23 years old and still watching cartoon movies ... what can i say ... THEY'RE MY FAVE!!
g'night friends <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment