Saturday, September 7, 2013

First Time ...

People that know me ...
Know that I do NOT like pie.
Not a pie girl ... At all!
I'm a cupcake girl!
Everyone knows that!
Lol
However ...
My parents were up to their ears in apples. 
It's that time of year.
Asked if they gave me some if I would make an apple pie for them. 
First time for everything right?!
I've never made a pie.
Scratch that ...
I've made Cream Cheese Pie.
But that has a graham cracker crust.
Completely different!!
This has an ACTUAL pie crust.
Never done that before.
Not gonna lie ...
I'm nervous at how it comes out. 
So I got on Pinterest to try and find a recipe.
Found one that didn't seem TOO hard. 
Had almost all the ingredients too!
Perfect! 
Was just missing two.
Stopped at the store yesterday to grab it and I was set this morning to give it a go.
Cut up the apples ...
(Thinking to myself ... Are these even the right size?!) 
Oh well!
Hahaha!
Mixed in all the other ingredients ...
And put it on the stove. 
Above is the before ... 
And here's the after!
They look delicious right?! 
Had to let those cool so I decided to start on the crust.
The apples I was fine with ...
It's the crust that freaks me out!
Lol
A little Fun Fact about me ... 
I HATE cutting butter into a flour mixture! 
Oh em gee!
It took FOREVER! 
But I finally got it all in.
Geez.
Rolled it out and fit it to my pie plate.
Even gave it a fancy edge! 
Ha! 
Had to keep it simple.
After I filled the crust with the apples ...
Personally I don't think that's enough apples ...
But that's all I had to work with.
Lol
Decided to challenge myself and make a lattice top for this pie. 
Turns out the lattice was UBER easy! 
Kinda thinking that a full crust layer on top would've been a lot harder!
Lol
Having to fit it just right.
No thanks!
I even added some stars to make it pretty! 
Haha! Now it's in the oven baking ... 
Figured I'd start the blog while it bakes. 
Lol
Here's the link to the recipe that I used ...
Thank you Domestic Goddess for the recipe and helping me make my first Apple Pie. 
The edges of the pie started getting dark so I covered the pie with some foil in hopes that it doesn't burn.
That's the last thing I want or need!!
lol
Well ...
Here it is!
All finished.
Now I just gotta hope that the crust is baked completely thru-out!
It's definitely pretty! 
Hopefully the family loves it later!
Ta-ta for now peeps!! 
Happy Saturday!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment