Sunday, September 22, 2013

3rd Times the Charm????

I need a little bit of luck today.
Both my mom and sister have attempted making homemade flour tortillas and they didn't seem to come out right.
Lets see if I can get it ...
Been wanting to try this for months ...
Just couldn't bring myself to try it yet.
Lol
Kinda chicken!
Ill admit it.
My grandma has ALWAYS made homemade torts and they're delicious! 
However ...
She doesn't have a recipe ...
Just throws the ingredients in a bowl and TADA! 
Homemade deliciousness! 
Lol
So here's my first attempt ...
Personally I don't think there's enough water in them ...
Seems like they're gonna flake apart but maybe that's how they're supposed to be.
Lol
I'll try adding a little bit more next time ...
Can't seem to roll them out in a perfect circle either!
Lmao!
gonna have to work on that.
But that's ok ...
Cast iron pan needs to be super hot ...
I actually ended up turning mine down a bit cuz I burnt the first couple ...
Tho that didn't stop the kids from eating them anyway.
Lol
Ended up cooking them less on each side then the recipe calls for too ...
And even tho they're kinda small and not perfect circles ...
They're still soft enough to roll.
Tho they seem a bit thick for me ...
But still delicious!
Far from the ones my grandma makes but pretty darn close!! 
=)
Thank you Merci Mama for the recipe!
definitely throwing this one in my recipe book for next time!

Happy Sunday Peeps!
i'm out!
Time to make some cupcakes!
=)


No comments:

Post a Comment